5 NEW Via Spiga Taletha Black Leather Pumps sz 36 / 6 D4004L1 Dress Sandals
As a pastor’s daughter and granddaughter, I know church. Many people have visited a church on a Sunday morning for worship or maybe even on Wednesday evening for Bible Study. But during those other days of the week, other business is going on, trust and believe that. And many times, a church is struggling with growing its membership, developing a strong church and putting in place visionary leadership. When my father retired as the pastor of my church after 38 years in 2017, our church has been in this place because we’re in a new phase of the church. So when I got the chance to interview Pastor Olu Brown, I was excited to do so. Below is his bio.
Olujimi (Olu) Brown is the father of Daya Elom Brown and Langston Wesley Brown. Olu is a native of Lufkin, Texas. He graduated from Jarvis Christian College in Hawkins, Texas and earned a Master of Divinity degree from Gammon Theological Seminary of the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
He serves as the Lead Pastor of Impact Church, a young congregation in the East Point community of Metropolitan Atlanta (impactdcd.org). With Olu’s vision and leadership, since its founding in 2007, Impact has grown from a core team of 25 people to more than 2,400 attendees each Sunday in person and 1,600 online with a $4M budget, and listed at number 5 in the 25 Fastest Growing Large United Methodists Churches, 2018 Edition.
Olu strongly believes in an active church, one that makes a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals and communities. Impact is a multicultural community committed to Doing Church Differently™. Impact DCD redefines the church experience through inclusiveness, relatable messages, energetic weekly gatherings, unique events and activities, relevant youth programs and community outreach. The people of Impact are compelled to help bring healing, justice and compassion to the world.
Pastor Brown wrote about church management and leadership in his latest books STUART WEITZMAN Satin Flower Peep Toe Heels Brown SZ 6 NWOB $295 FBBand Leadership Directions from Moses: On the Way to a Promised Land. Below is my interview with him about these books.
1. Why did you feel the need to write “4D Impact: Smash Barriers Like a Smart Church?” Were you approached to write this book?
- Fruit Italy Bootie Red Ankle Boot Ostrich Print Womens SIZE 40 / US 9.5 - 10
- 8 Kelsi Dagger Napa Leather over Knee Fashion Boots, Great leather thigh boot
- Corral Ladies Square Toe Cowboy Western Boots Whiskey Turquoise R1028 Size 9.5
- Converse Unisex Chuck Taylor All Star Pro Hi Skate Shoe
- Men's/Women's Shoes Globe Mahalo BTS Mens fashion Skilled manufacturing Current shape
- SC35 Venesa Wide Calf Riding Boots, Black/Chocolate, 5.5 US
- ROCKPORT - CEDRA SCRUNCHED TALL BOOT - BLACK - SIZE 6 - 20,000+ FEEDBACK! SH108
- Gentleman/Lady ANNA-03 Satin Silver Good world reputation Stylish and charming Amoy
- New Taos ziggie sandal in Black snake size 42 11/11.5US
- NEW! Belle by Sigerson Morrison Wanda Suede Slingback Wedges Shoes Taupesize 9B
- Gentlemen/Ladies NIKE Women's Air Max 90 Reasonable price Medium cost Complete specifications
- Amazing Value Cole Haan Lot of Ballet Flats Wedge Size 8 Closet Must Haves!
- Giuseppe Zanotti Leather Open Toe Mary Jane Shoes Size 10.5 B
- Steve Madden Saige Taupe Patent Heel Stiletto sexy! $99 7.5 8 9.5 10
- New Diesel Women's Leather Shoes Heels Size 39
- Manolo Blahnik Nude Strappy Heels Size 35.5
- NEW KORKS by Kork-Ease Decola Leather Ankle Boot Black Leather Women Size 7 $100
- Fashion Women's Ankel Boots Square Toe Side Zip Block Heel Buckle Strap Sz 4.5-9
- Oxford Slim Women Over Knee Thigh Boots Flat Frosting Lady Sexy Elastic Shoes
- Diesel oiled nubuck suede Penny chelsea boots MSRP $295!!
- Charles by Charles David Giza Over-The-Knee Boots, Black, 8 US Used
- PRADA Made in Italy,Black Soft Leather,Zip Women's Ankle Boots,US Size 38,5
- BCBG BCBGMAXAZRIA Womens MA-Michaela Ankle Strap Sandal Shoe,Elephant,US 10
- RALPH LAUREN COLLECTION Purple Sz 6 Black Alligator Pointed Toe Slingback Pumps
- New sz 8 / 38 Jimmy Choo Romy Chalk Pointed Toe Low Heel Classic Pump Shoes
- Womens Roman Wedge Cross Strappy Suede Platform Peep Toe High Heels Sandals Pump
- NIB CORSO COMO Womens CARNIVAL Black Leather Sandals Size US 5 1/2 M
- Romika Women's Florida 05 Wedge Sandal Black Canyon 41 BR/10-11 M US
- Vans Men's Shoes "106 HI" -- Color-Black/True White
- ASICS JB ELITE TR MEN'S SIZE 14 DARK NAVY BLUE WHITE RED RUNNING SHOES SNEAKERS
- Mens NIKE AIR VIBENNA PREM Black Trainers 917539 002
- Nike Kobe System 8 White Orange Grey Ghost Size 16.5
- Adidas Originals Campus Stitch Turn Shoes BB6744 Athletic Pink White SZ 4-12
- NIKE KOBE X Majors Crimson Red sz 9 Black Bryant Basketball Shoes ID 705317-616
- ADIDAS Xeno Edition Superstar sz 11 Black White Reflective DMC Shelltoe Premium
- Kith x Nike Air Maestro II High Red Black Take Flight Size 7 New rare
- NIKE AIR VAPORMAX FLYKNIT PURE PLATINUM 100% Authentic 849558-004 US 12
- Clarks Bushacre 2 Chukka Boot - Men's Size 10.5M - Black
- New DANNER "Fort Lewis 69110" Waterproof 200 Insulated Boot, Mens 12 D,Black,USA
- COLE HAAN NikeAir Brown With Tan Stripe Sneaker Shoe Leather Oxford Size 13 Men
- Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Torrington Wingtip Oxford Size 8.5D Dark Brown Ivory
- Roper 09-020-1654-1565 Mens American Gator Hiking ShoeD US- Choose SZ/Color.
- New Mens Leather Rivet Tassel Moccasins 3Color Slip On Loafers Formal Dress Shoe
- Stacy Adams Brown Leather Square Toe Classic Leather Fashion Shoes Size 10
- Men's/Women's Minnetonka Men's Moose with Fleece Queensland a wide range of products At an affordable price
- SKECHERS USA Inc Skechers Womens Gowalk 3 Fitknit Extreme Walking Shoe
- LACOSTE CARNABY EVO 116 1 2144 SPJ NVY/RED SYN SNEAKERS sale
- BROOKS ARIEL 16 120219 1B 059. NEW IN BOX. GREAT SHOES!
- Womens Nike Koth Mid Boots Deep Royal 749532 434 size 11 (28cm)
- JOSHUA SANDERS X BARBAPAPA Canvas Slip-On Sneakers Black EU/IT 37
- Dolce Vita Side Buckle Suede Back Zip Boot Black Women Sz 9 5805 *
- André Assous 'Saddle Up' Waterproof Riding Boot - Size 38 (US 8)
- Saucony RIDEGTX-W Womens Ride Gtx Running Shoe- Choose SZ/Color.
- Skechers Women's Hi-Lite-Satin Canvas Sneaker - Choose SZ/color
- Easy Spirit New Corby Black Womens Shoes Size 7 M Boots MSRP $99
- Vince Camuto, Bedina, Brown Tie Dye, Leather Boots, Size 7M, With Box.
- BROWN LEATHER MATISSE BOOTS 8 m LEATHER FASHION BOOTS 8 MATISSE BOOTS 8 M
- Qupid Women's Whitman 03 Winter Boot Camel 8 B(M) US
- Steve Madden Women's Effect Ankle Boot Grey Suede 8 M US
- Chloe Tan Leather Knee High Boot with Block Heel - Size 38
- BROOKS ADDICTION WALKER V-STRAP LEATHER 2E XWIDE WHITE WOMENS SHOES **ALL SIZES
- Nike W Air Huarache Run Ultra [833292-101] Women Casual Shoes White/White
- Fly London Ster Women Leather Matt Black Calf Boots
- Women's Shoes Ettori Lami Slingback Black Pumps Spring Summer 2018
- COLE HAAN Ballet Flats Shoes Black Patent Leather AIR Women's US 7 $160
- Gentleman/Lady mollini Vietane (Pale Gold) use Won highly appreciated and widely trusted at home and abroad Different styles
- Wonders Monk Strap Oxfords 37 7 Black Red Creepers Dress Shoe Buckle Leather
- Madewell $98 The April Ankle-Wrap Flats in Suede 9 Tan G1977 Shoes
- Eric Michael Madrid Black Sandal Slide Jute Wedge 36 6 5.5 NWB
- Women's Platform Mid Heel Sandal Wedge Open Toe Zip Party Casual Genuine Leather
- G By Guess Cheers Platform Pumps - Women's Size 10 M - Silver
- Irregular Choice Cola Cubes Black Multi Womens Heels Shoes
- PRADA Studded Brown Leather Ankle Booties, 38 ORIGINALLY $2100
- Men/Women Jimmy Choo 38 Pink Patent Leather Quality queen Ranked first in its class retail price
- Gentlemen/Ladies Peter fox black booties size 7 Modern technology Online Reliable reputation
- Womens Patent Leather Pointy Toe Buckle Strap Kitten Heels Slingback Sandals Sz
- Vionic Nala 340NALA Black Toe Post Sandal Women's Sizes 7-10 100% Original New
- NIB Prada Linea Rossa Coral Leather Flip Flop Sandals 36 US 6
- Fila Mens Memory Sportland Running Shoe- Pick SZ/Color.
- Now in Stock! Jordan Westbrook 0.2 Khaki Sizes 8-13 854563 209 MRSP $140
- Men's/Women's Propet Simpson - Black - Mens Crazy price buy Complete specifications
- Nike X Neymar Hypervenomx Proximo NJR TF - CHOOSE SIZE - 820134-061 White High
- Mens Nike ZOOM FLY SP Running Shoes "Breaking 2" -AJ9282 106 -Sz 11 -New
- Gentleman/Lady PW TENNIS HU WHITE NAVY Queensland High quality and economy International big name
- Adidas CQ1375 Men Tubular X PK Running shoes grey white sneakers
- AIR JORDAN X DON C LEGACY 312 WHITE, HOT LAVA & ZEN GREY
- Original Air Jordan 7 Retro Orion Size12(46)deadstock
- Nike Air Jordan 11 XI Retro Space Jam Concord White Black SZ 10.5 (378037-003)
- ROCKY SIDE-ZIPPER 7" MEN'S JUMP BOOTS FQ0002091 * ALL SIZES - NEW
- VANS DILLON CA SUEDE PINK LADY WHITE MENS SIZE 9 NEW SKATE SHOES
- Converse Chuck Taylor All Star 70 OX Midnight Navy Low Top Sneaker 157590C
- Cole Haan Air Franklin Ocean Blue Leather Lunar Wingtip Derby Casual Shoe Men 11
- Men's Clarks Fomal Slip On Shoes - Huckley Work
- Fiesso Mens Black Grey Textured Silver Metal Point Toe Dress Formal Oxford Shoe
- Vans Womens Black Ball Hi SF Leila Hurst 70's Floral sz 5.5 NIB
- VIONIC WALKER Orthotic Leather Walking Sneakers Taupe Leather Womens Size 7
- Nike Air Max 1 Essential Blue Grey/White-Bright Crimson 599820-400 Womens
- NEW NIB Naturalizer Women's Morrison Denim Sneaker Comfort Shoe Size 7.5M $89
- New Balance Women's Vazee Prism Mild Stability Running Shoe
- Crime Women's Shoes Sneakers - 25343-KS1B | Pearl Grey | Spring Summer 18
- Clarks Womens Malia Meara Boot Black Size 6
- Slim Leg Womens Leather Knee High Knight Boots Round Toe Stilettos Shoes US 4-8
- JEROME C. ROUSSEAU 39 Comet Black Leather Tassel Ankle Boots Booties 8.5 MINT
- Men's Nike Air Force III High Premium (Samurai) 313669-012, Size 9
- Versace 19.69 914 VITELLO NERO Brogue Men's Black AU
- Cotswold Polar Waterproof Womens Snow Boots UK3-8
- LADIES SHOES/FOOTWEAR - Cabello sandal 3527 red
- Sofft Oakes Anthracite 1427023 (Women's) Size 8.5
- Nine West Millicento Brown Leather Fashion Dress Casual Knee Boot Heels Size 8
- Katy Perry Women's The Marian Slipper - Choose SZ/color
- NIB Vince Camuto Fredrica Wide-Calf Women Brown Knee High Boot Size 6 1/2M/361/2
- New Womens Leather Real Fox Fur Tirm Knee High Boots Winter WARM Flat Snow Shoes
- Stuart Weitzman 'Homestead' Crisscross Ankle Strap Short Black Leather Boot 10.5
- Aerosoles Caricature Mary Jane Heels, Red, 7.5 W US
- Hush Puppies ~ Sebeka Piper Women's Off White Nubuck Flats Loafers 8M NIB
- Figue Navy White Striped Fringe Detail Dorsay Flats Size 7 New $295
- adidas Neptune Bounce Womens Running sneakers / Shoes - White
- DONALD J PLINER WOMEN'S VUTRA BROWN PATENT PYTHON SLIP-ON LOAFER SIZE: 7
- Salvatore Ferragamo Women Shoes Size 7.5 Made In Italy
- Bamboo Peep Toe Crisscross Wooden Chunky Platform Heel
- BCBG Max Azria Pamela 2 Pumps High Heel Leather Black 8.5 B / 38.5 $225
- Irregular Choice Nick Of Time Womens Black Red Party Shoes Heels Size
- Vince Portia Black Womens Shoes Size 9 M Heels MSRP $375
- Authentic Prada Patent Leather Peeptoe Pumps Black Size 41
- RUTHIE DAVIS Nude Pink Leather Stud Ankle Strap Gold Platform High Heel 9-39 NEW
- Nature Breeze Women's Open Toe Strappy Zipper Back Gladiator Flat Sandals Black
- Naughty Monkey Womens Adeley Dress Sandal- Pick SZ/Color.
- Nike™ ~ LUNAREPIC FLYKNIT Run Shoes ~ Everyday 818672-80-101 ~ Women Sz 7
- Nike ID SB Stefan Janoski Obsidian Blue Gum Gumsole Mens Skateboarding Shoes 12
- MENS ADIDAS COURTVANTAGE ADICOLOR in colors BLUE / BLUE / BLUE SIZE 13
- NIKE Air Force Trout 3 Pro Black White Baseball Metal Spike Cleats NEW Mens 9.5
- NIKE Men's SB Blazer Vapor Summit White/Obsidian Skate Shoe 11.5 Men US
- Vandal High Supreme Cnvs QS AH8605-800 Bright Ceramic/White-White Men's Size 12
- Adidas NMD R1 Runner Tokyo Core Black/ Blue/ White Men's Size 13 - S79162
- Nike Air Max 2016 Print Black & Crimson Men SZ 8 - 10 40% OFF
- Universal Studios Back To The Future ll Shoes Officialy Licensed Size 11
- Nike Air Max 90 DNM QS "Denim" - 700875 400 - 2014
- 2006 NIKE AIR MAX 1 BW OG 90 CLERK PACK STASH sz 11 BRAND NEW EXTREMELY RARE!!
- Men's Dr. Martens Composite Safety Toe Black Work Boots Size 13 M AW140
- 800$ Balenciaga Red Suede High Tops Sneakers size US 14, Made in Italy
- Nunn Bush Men's Drexel Loafer - Choose SZ/Color
- Men's/Women's Skechers Men's Relaxed Fit-Superior-Milford Loafer Easy to use The highest quality material Known for its beautiful quality
- Vtg Y2K Valentine Nordstrom Black Wood Heel Leather Ankle Bootie 6.5
- party womens pointy toe mid calf boots real leather block heel bowknot shoe 11
- Bruno Magli Mens Dress Shoe Size 11.5 Captoe Oxfords
- Stacy Adams Men's Valerian Plain Toe Slip On Black 25108-001
- Skechers Women's Flex Appeal 2.0 Casual Shoe
- WMNS Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro Low NS SZ 5.5 White Metallic Gold AH7232-100
- Saucony Originals S1943-149 Womens Bullet Fashion Sneaker, Charcoal/Pink, 5.5 M
- Adidas Adistar Boost ESM Women's Shoes Size 9
- NEW! Womens ADIDAS Ultraboost X Mid Stella McCartney Ultra Boost Shoes.Size 9.5
- Nike Air Huarache Run PRM Premium Oatmeal Khaki Gum (683818-102) Sz 8.5 RARE
- Camper Womens Fashion Sneaker /- Pick SZ/Color.
- Women's Brilliant W8060 Wheat Suede & Fur Waterproof Winter Boots Sz 8.5 M
- Rocket Dog Women Ankle Boots Size 6.5 M Euro 37 Brown Brass Zippers Buckle
- Punk Girl's Block Heel Shoes Mid Calf Leather Rivet Decor Boots Round Toe Buckle
- BORDELLO Whimsey-115 2 1/2" Heel Burlesque Stage Showgirl Calf-High Boot
- BY769 GIANNI MARRA shoes black gold leather women ankle boots
- Frye 'Melissa Button' Boot - Size 6 B - Retail : $368
- New sz 11 / 41 Azzedine Alaia Black Suede Platform Ankle Bootie Heel Shoes
- Nike Air Max Deluxe / Skepta Mens Running Trainers AQ9945 Sneakers Shoes
- Skechers Sure Track Erath SR Work Trainers Memory Foam Leather Womens Shoes
- Merrell Womens Boots Black 5 US / 3 UK
- 100% Authentic Bally Pony Heel Leopard Size 36.5
- Barefoot Freedom by Drew Shoe Women's Jada Mary Jane Comfort Flats 6.5 W US
- Ladies Padders Ripetape Strap Shoes The Style Verse ~ N
- SAS Roamer Navy Blue Leather Slip On Comfort Loafers Shoes Womens 9M
- Neiman Marcus Womans 5B Brown Leather Loafer Shoes
- VINCE CAMUTO VC-MARIA gold nude jewel leather SNAKESKIN HIGH t-strap heels BNIB
- fashion Womens High Heels Open Toe Belt buckle Rhinestones Faux Leather Shoes
- Badgley Mischka Lavender II Ivory Satin Women's Dressy Evening Heels Pumps 5.5 M
- Man's/Woman's Roberto Del Carlo Buckle Black Wedge Reputation first Latest styles Complete specifications
- Summit White Mountain Women's Melissa Stiletto Pump
- Jimmy Choo Esme Mesh Black Pumps. Size 36
- SIGERSON MORRISON Tan Leather Wedge Sandals MSRP $495.00 Women's SZ 7
- Skechers 49377 Womens Gemma-Agave Clog- Choose SZ/Color.
- Womens Casual Flat Heel Sandals Rivets Ankle Strap T-Strap Metallic Shoes Summer
- Tory Burch Classic Ankle Strap Sandal LANCASTER Suede Navy Size 10.5
- Adidas Adizero Afterburner 4 Metal Baseball Cleats Royal Blue SZ ( AQ0644 )
- ASICS GT-Cool Xpress - Brown - Mens
- adidas Mens Climacool Kurob Slip on Water Shoes Blue Atheletic Running Shoes
- TOTO A1914 - 2.8 Inches Height Increase Elevator Black Comfortable Trainers
- Nike Air Jordan 9 IX Retro Statue White Militia Green Black 302370-109 Men's 11
- Nike Air Force 1 '07 Mens AA4083-603 Team Red White Gold Leather Shoes Size 8.5
- NIKE ZOOM SPRDN 876267-400 regal blue/metallic silver Size 7.5
- DIDAS NH SHELLTOE SUPERSTAR 80S X NEIGHBORHOOD BLACK 10.5US used
- Nike Kyrie 4 Triple Black Free Shipping
- ADIDAS - KEVIN GARNETT 2008-09 TEAM SIGNATURE COMMANDER FINALS SNEAKERS US 15
- Men's New TW Ostrich Leg Design Leather Cowboy Western Square Boots Black
- John Varvatos Collection Richards Sharpei Boot. 10.5/44. $998
- Klogs Tiburon Unisex Comfort Slip-resistant Clog New Royal - 7 Wide
- Sperry Gold Cup Gold Crepe Oxford Shoe Men Blush Size 9M STS16177 $199 MSRP
- Stacy Adams 'Parnell' Black Leather Men's Oxfords Dress Shoes Size 11M
- Aerosoles Women's Allowance Ankle Boot, Taupe Suede, 7.5 W US
- Stylish Women's Over Knee Thigh High Super Long Boots Satin Solid Stretchy Shoes
- Veredus Carbon Gel VENTO Open Rear Boot - 468511BLK
- Converse Star Player Ox Mens Grey Suede Trainers
- HOGAN OLYMPIA MAN SNEAKER SHOES CASUAL FREE TIME CODE HXM052016827ZP062E
- Ravel Coleman Leopard Print Velvet Stiletto Heeled Chelsea Ankle Boots
- Gentleman/Lady Mens Base London Formal Brogues Main Year-end special promotions Brand renewed on time
- Man's/Woman's Margiela Man Shoes 46 Exquisite (middle) workmanship Excellent performance a wide variety of goods
- Aerosoles Women's Flower Thong Sandal Light Tan Faux Leather Comfort Shoes
- NIKE WOMENS FLEX ADAPTER TRAINING SHOE, WOLF GREY/BLACK, 831579 003
- SKECHERS Skechers EZ Flex 3.0 Swift Breeze Womens Slip On Sneakers
- ADIDAS Adidas Gazelle BY9360 BROWN Womens SZ 9
- Merrell Moab FST Mid GTX Gore-Tex Vibram Slate Blue Women Outdoors Shoes J12160
- WMNS Air Jordan Retro 1 High Zip AWOK Vogue Red Anna Wintour 5-12 BQ0964-601
- Man's/Woman's AR35 Darie Strappy Ankle Boots, Black Beautiful design Primary quality Different styles
- women pointy toe stilettos high heel embroidery floral ladies shoes boots 12.5
- Jessica Simpson Loring Black Crinkle Patent Stretch Over the Knee Fitted Boot
- Eric Michael Brown Leather SNOW Winter Zipper Ankle Insulated Boots BOOTIE 36 6
- Fergie Women's Bennie Boot, Hazel, 9.5 M US
- Dr Martens - Women's 1461 Smooth - Black Smooth
- BORDELLO TEEZE-06R Gold RHINESTONE Platform PoleDance Burlesque
- Chloe Black Suede Fringe "Estel" Espadrille Flats SZ 39
- LADIES SHOES/FOOTWEAR -Ziera Gala black sandal size 41/10
- Sam Edelman Fairleigh Black Leather Cap Ballet Flats Womens Size 6 M*
- FRYE Women's Lena Harness Slip On Fashion Sneaker, - Choose SZ/Color
- VALENTINO GARAVANI Flycrew Rockstud Genuine Calf Hair Grey-Silver Sneaker 37.5
- Ivanka Trump Brown Tan Patent Leather Sling Back Pumps Heels Bow 8.5 Women Shoes
- Man's/Woman's ADORE-701-3 Crazy price In short supply Recommended today
- JCrew $198 Blanche Beaded Mini-Wedge Mules (45mm) Sz 8 Vintage Champagne AVL
- Cole Haan Womens Size 9 Nude Dawna Grand Pump Waterproof NEW
- YSL Saint Laurent Red Rouge Glossy Patent Leather Pumps size 40 10
- Valentino Black Leather Ruched Bow Heeled Bootie Open Toe 37.5
- Jessica Simpson Womens Brimah T-Strap Thong Sandals
- Nike Air Max Thea Womens Black White 599409 020 Shoes Size 5 8 10 Sportswear
- New Armor Lux Handmade Wool Slippers, Navy and Green Plaid, Women Size 6, $99
- New Kustom Men's Remark Plus Shoe Cotton Soft Blue
- Nike Mayfly Woven Men's Lifestyle Shoes Jade Glaze/Dust/Summit White 833132-300
- ADIDAS Menss TERREX CC BOAT Sz 7.5 Black & White [BB1904]
- NIB MENS SIZE 9.5 NIKE AIR ZOOM PEGASUS RUNNING SNEAKERS BLACK 942851-001
- NEW NIKE AIR ZOOM HYPERFLIGHT RUSSEL WESTBROOK GAMMA GREEN BASKETBALL SHOES 10.5
- Nike Shox Gravity Vast Grey Metallic Gold AQ8553-009 Men's Size 8.5, Women's 10
- Nike KD VII 7 AS All Star NYC Size 14 742548 090 New 2015 New York City
- Mizuno Wave Horizon 2 [J1GC182610] Men Running Shoes Turkish Tile/Black-Green
- Air Jordan 4 Rétro LS Columbia Size 10us(44eu) Deadstock Ref:314254 107
- UNKNOWN BOOTS BROWN LEATHER UPPER SIZE 8.5 M
- Danner Men's Striker Torrent 8" Side Zip Duty Boot
- Romi de Luka Men Black Soft Casual Loafer Leather Lining Shoes Size US 11
- Tingley Men's 1300 Work Rubber Black Waterproof Shoes
- Converse Breakpoint Pro Low Black White Suede Men Casual Shoes Sneakers 159577C
- J-1869249 New Salvatore Ferragamo Mueller Blue Marin Loafer Shoes Size 7
- Kenneth Cole New York Enter-prise Men's Black Dress/Formal Shoes, Size:12M
- Skechers 12386 Black Pink Snergy 2.0 Air-Cooled Memory Foam Women's Shoes
- Men/Women adidas Flashback - Blue - Womens Various styles New design Modern mode
- Skechers Go Meb Speed 3- 2016 Casual Women's Shoes Size
- Nike Odyssey React Women's Running Shoes. Sizes 5.0-10.5. Multiple Colors!!!
- Under Armour 1278783-101 Womens Lax Finisher MC- Choose SZ/Color.
- Nike Womens Air Max 95 PRM Atmosphere Grey Trainers 807443 015
- Nike REACT ELEMENT 87/UNDERCOVER LAKESIDE US 4.5 BNWT DS
- Attractive Burgundy Wine TONY LAMA 7507L Roper Rancher Western Cowboy Boots 4.5B
- Rampage Women's Tiara Ankle Boot Bootie With Cutout Wraparounds and Woven...
I felt the need because in part I travel quite a bit and in traveling, I get an opportunity to meet different leaders and different pastors and I’m finding that although many have great educational backgrounds and have had great experiences in their local churches, the systems, people and culture changes so quickly that they’re not able to adapt to those changes fast enough. And so I wrote ‘4 D’ to say, ‘Hey, there are four critical areas in every church, wherever you happen to be, if you could focus on these areas, you could have a healthy, more vital, growing church.’ And those areas of course from the book are technology, worship, systems and hospitality, which on the surface sounds very easy, low-hanging fruit. But as you dig through that and apply it to your local church, it becomes some of the hardest but most rewarding work that you will ever do.
2. You recently hosted an online conference regarding the principles you shared in “4D Impact.” How did you teach the principles you learned in the one-hour conference?
It wasn’t designed to teach all of the principles in one hour. It was an introductory course. It was an introduction for people who may be skeptical, people who have heard these things before and they’re not quite sure and people who are totally sold out and they really want to tell their leaders, ‘Here is what I’ve been talking about. Here is someone else saying it.’
3. In this book, you share stories of success and failure from Impact Church’s ongoing journey. Tell me about one success and one failure and what you learned?
One story of success is beginning around literal coffee tables in Starbucks with a group of volunteers who are still so passionate about the vision we’re casting that 12 years later, Impact is what it is. So although now we have staff and our budget is larger, we historically have always and will always be dependent on volunteers. So as it relates to volunteerism, that is one of our successes.
One failure story which was really a learning opportunity is around what it means to literally disciple people to the next level. When you think about churches, most churches do discipleship or should do discipleship, meaning, ‘Hey, I want to be a Christian. I accept Christ and 10 years later, I shouldn’t be in the same place.’ So I don’t call it a failure but an opportunity. It is typical of new churches, meaning we start like gangbusters and then one day, you wake up and you realize, ‘Oh my God, we have to take these people somewhere.’ So that is a constant question for us, ‘How do we take people to a place of Christian maturity while knowing that as a 12-year-old, preteen church, we can’t take people all of the way. But what is that part of the way that God is calling us to? So that’s been an opportunity for us to learn. We don’t always get it right but one day, we hope to say, ‘If you hang out at Impact, this is what you will look like as a Christian.’
How did you galvanize those volunteers?
I was blessed to work at a large church for about five and a half years before we started Impact. While I was there, I built some great relationships and I also built some great relationships in the marketplace who I was able to pull in. And it wasn’t just me. The volunteers invited people so we all pulled in folk. So it was relationships.
What do you mean by “you can’t take people all of the way?”
If you think about a discipleship model in the alphabet, beginning with A and going all the way to Z, some churches will say, we can take you all the way to Z, but that’s really not true. You have to think of a church like a supermarket or another store. Target is great, but they’re not going to sell everything. Wal-Mart is great, but they’re not going to sell everything. And so typically a shopper has to piecemeal their shopping list along the lines of two or three locations. And that’s the reality of where spirituality is in the 21st century. No one church can do everything for one person or should we. But we should be able to know what we do very well.
So when we talk about a discipleship model, that may mean you meet Impact as a seeker, trying to understand who Jesus Christ is and then when you leave Impact, whenever that is, maybe you will have taken a Bible Study or been part of a small group that helps you understand the Bible, that helps you understand prayer, that helps you understand other spiritual disciplines. And then you can go on to another church and go deeper in another spiritual dynamic or in another area and while you’re with them, you’re learning even more than what you learned than when you were with us. But we were a part of that foundational story that helped you get to the next level of your spiritual growth.
So you don’t think a church should try to keep members for their lifetimes?
It depends on the life and stage of the church and the life and stage of the member. For instance, a month ago, I was at a church and they were celebrating their 154th church anniversary. There are some members who have been members of that church for all of their lives and that works for them. But I think the way that culture is shifting because of jobs, because of geography, because folks today don’t mind living in a city two or three years, it’s going to be virtually impossible for healthy, thriving growing churches to say we have lifetime members. We have lifetime support. We have lifetime encouragement. And we have lifetime shared stories but for you to be here your entire life is unlikely and typically if you’re a young adult.
4. Some people are skeptical of megachurches. I’m not sure if Impact is considered a megachurch but it is a large church. For example, my husband was just saying to me that he wonders how some churches grow to megachurch size without some shenanigans being involved or the message of the gospel being compromised somehow. As a church growth expert, do you feel that every church should have thousands of members in order to be healthy?
I don’t. The numerical size does not determine health or vitality of a local church. What most people don’t know is in America, the average size church is 75 people so when you see these large churches and megachurches or gigachurches, those are a minority. They are not the norm. It’s like what you see in the United States of America. It’s mostly made up of these small towns. You’ve got these huge cities like Atlanta but if you travel outside of Atlanta, a lot of America is rural, grassroots people who grow crops, who have industries that literally service the world. And it’s the same thing with the local church. I believe my expertise comes in by saying, ‘I don’t necessarily want you to grow larger for the sake of; I want you to be as healthy as you can be and as vital as you can be. And if you do that, you will reach the world for Jesus Christ.’
But to your husband’s point, I do believe some churches can grow that large without any abnormalities, without anything happening that can be indifferent or bad because there are just some churches and yeah, it’s spiritual and it’s favor, but God’s favor is on every church. Some people think this church is big because God’s favor is on it. No God’s favor is just as present in that church with 80 people but there are just some things that work for that church. It may be a strong lay leader. It may be a strong Sunday School system. It may be a strong small group system.
Or they are just are in the right geography. Sometimes when you watch football, you will see these small towns that have college teams. For instance, you take the University of Georgia. I’m here right now in Michigan and I just passed Notre Dame. Now Notre Dame is a small city, but it has a huge school. And I think sometimes these schools are located in places where there isn’t a pro team presence so that the college team is the pro team and there is a lot invested in that. You can just be in the right community and you’re the only show in town. So by nature of being the only show in town, you’re going to be bigger if you’re healthy.
5. To assess the “health” of a church, you assess culture, hospitality, worship, and technology. Tell me more about this assessment process and the diagnostic tools in the book.
The first thing I do is to come in and get to know the church’s story and that means getting to know their history and their present and then from that you will begin to hear the culture of the church because every church has a culture. Culture may mean very strong pastoral leadership. Culture may mean very strong lay leadership. Culture may mean this is an outreach and missions church. You get to know their stories and their culture.
And then you observe their worship because people can tell you about their worship but you actually have to sit in on their worship. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Florida, sitting in on Sunday morning, on a worship experience at a church. After that, I was able to give some written feedback and oral feedback to the leader of that church or the pastor who will soon be the leader so that he and the other leaders can take that and work through each of those details related to worship and make that more vital.
Technology is more of an Excel spreadsheet where you’re taking inventory of current technology, outdated technology. You’re breaking that into software because a lot of people don’t think about that. And you also break that into hardware. And from that you can address budget decisions and directional path decisions about what we want to look like as a church in technology.
Systems can be broad but one of the things I tell people about systems is that there are open systems and closed systems. And you think about language for instance. Whenever someone stands and gives an announcement and says, ‘Hey, thank you for being a part of church family. We’re glad you’re here.’ Words like that are closed system words meaning when you say family, that means we have everybody we need and we don’t necessarily need new people. So your language is a system and people don’t think about that. So myself and my team leaders will come in as outsiders with neutral opinions, wanting to help and not harm you because we all want to reach people for Jesus Christ.
6. What inspired you to write “Leadership Directions from Moses?” which is described a handy tool for those dealing with the departure of key members from the church.
It doesn’t matter the age or stage of a church, people leave from day 1. The very first Sunday service that we had Impact, some people left afterward. People come with preconceived expectations. And we started in a middle school. And there weren’t any crosses up. There were no stained glass windows. Some people said, ‘This is great for y’all but it’s not for me.’ So people are always leaving and people are always coming.
But I wrote this book for leaders like me who struggle with sharing vision, struggle with delegation and also who struggle with understanding that the same way God speaks to me, God also speaks to other people. So when we read Moses’ story that then leads into Joshua, we always assume at all 12 tribes made it into the Promised Land. But if you read Numbers 32, the Reubenites and the Gadites come to Moses when they are in a geographic area called the Transjordan, they say, ‘Hey Moses, we like where we are.’ Moses makes a compromise and says, ‘Okay, if you help us go fight for the land, then you and your families can come back here.’ So time moves on. Moses dies. Joshua is the new leader. Joshua divides out the land and that’s when Joshua tells those two tribes, you can now return to that place.
What typically happens with leaders is that we demonize people for having a different vision or a different path, and we then only focus on those people who don’t want to go where you feel God has called you to go and those are two fatal mistakes in leadership. Because one, we don’t honor other people’s vision and how they hear God and two, we take our eyes off of the majority of people who still want to move forward and we put all of our emphasis on the minority group of people who don’t necessarily want to move forward. So it works through three critical conversations: self-conversation around self-awareness and self-differentiation, conversation with others around casting vision and helping them understand what God is sharing in your heart, and finally those difficult conversations that we have with God when you’re down and out. Ultimately, we all have a promise and we can get there but we only get there through these difficult conversations.
7. Is there anything else you would like to add?
First of all, thank you for this interview. I do share with groups as I travel and at home, that in spite of all the difficulties with leaders in general, but specifically with leaders of local churches, both clergy and lay people, are facing, this is the greatest evangelistic opportunity of our lifetime. I know we’re seeing a decline in church attendance and more and more people are opting out of religion in general, but I still believe this a great opportunity if we’re willing to reach people in a 21st century way with the same theology we’ve always had but we have to be willing to retool, we have to be willing to reshape and we have to be willing to reach culture where they are and not expect them to walk through our doors and just show up.
For more information about WOMENS BEIGE NUDE PATENT NINE WEST PLATFORM PUMPS HEELS US 10 Mand GAIMO Espadrilles Anthropology 6.5 / 37 Wedge Sandals Blue Suede HANDMADE SPAIN and Pastor Olu Brown, go to @pastorolubrown on Salvatore Ferragamo Pump, 8 1/2 AA, Black, 2 1/2" heel, Sueded Leather, Straps and his website olubrown.org.