Free People leather slouchy studded WAYLAND BOOTS 37 7
As a pastor’s daughter and granddaughter, I know church. Many people have visited a church on a Sunday morning for worship or maybe even on Wednesday evening for Bible Study. But during those other days of the week, other business is going on, trust and believe that. And many times, a church is struggling with growing its membership, developing a strong church and putting in place visionary leadership. When my father retired as the pastor of my church after 38 years in 2017, our church has been in this place because we’re in a new phase of the church. So when I got the chance to interview Pastor Olu Brown, I was excited to do so. Below is his bio.
Olujimi (Olu) Brown is the father of Daya Elom Brown and Langston Wesley Brown. Olu is a native of Lufkin, Texas. He graduated from Jarvis Christian College in Hawkins, Texas and earned a Master of Divinity degree from Gammon Theological Seminary of the Interdenominational Theological Center in Atlanta, Georgia.
He serves as the Lead Pastor of Impact Church, a young congregation in the East Point community of Metropolitan Atlanta (impactdcd.org). With Olu’s vision and leadership, since its founding in 2007, Impact has grown from a core team of 25 people to more than 2,400 attendees each Sunday in person and 1,600 online with a $4M budget, and listed at number 5 in the 25 Fastest Growing Large United Methodists Churches, 2018 Edition.
Olu strongly believes in an active church, one that makes a meaningful impact in the lives of individuals and communities. Impact is a multicultural community committed to Doing Church Differently™. Impact DCD redefines the church experience through inclusiveness, relatable messages, energetic weekly gatherings, unique events and activities, relevant youth programs and community outreach. The people of Impact are compelled to help bring healing, justice and compassion to the world.
Pastor Brown wrote about church management and leadership in his latest books Tory Burch Sidney Black Suede Women's Boot Sz 11M 2019and Leadership Directions from Moses: On the Way to a Promised Land. Below is my interview with him about these books.
1. Why did you feel the need to write “4D Impact: Smash Barriers Like a Smart Church?” Were you approached to write this book?
- Naturalizer Women's Jenelle Wc Riding Boot, BLACK - Size 8M-WC US
- Cole Haan Zerogrand Women's Waterproof Desert Taupe Bootie WP Sz 9.5B 4614
- FREEBIRD BY STEVEN COAL Grey TALL CORSET BOOT NIB size size 11
- Man's/Woman's Sneakers Leather Crown Perforated Bicolour Modern and elegant fashion High quality and economy Non-slip
- Nike Air Zoom Structure 20 Black White Mens Running Shoes Sneakers 849576-003
- adidas AlphaBOUNCE EL C Blue White Kids Junior Running Shoes Sneakers B22554
- Womens Over the knee high Boots Black High Heels Stilettos Sexy patent Leather S
- Womens Very High Heels Rhinestone Platform Open Toe Ankle Strap Clubwear Shoes
- Clarks Gracelin Mara Black Women's Leather Ballet Flat 28605
- French Sole Kelly Textile Loafer, 7.5, Brown
- Mr/Ms Firth Yone Leather Slip-On Loafer Elegant appearance cheapest Pick up at the boutique
- Gentlemen/Ladies Miu Miu Shoes Reliable quality Pleasant appearance value
- British Womens Pointy Toes Leather Med Block Heels Mixed Color Pumps Mules Shoes
- Silver Metallic Women's Prom Bridesmaid Bridal Low Wedge Sandal Shoe Wide
- Prada Beige Tweed Embellished Peep Toe Low Heel Pumps SZ 37.5
- Sexy Womens Stiletto High Heel Sandal Metal Ankle Strap Suede Party Queen Shoes
- NIB Blue by Betsey Johnson High Heels Shoes 6 Silver Metal Color $129
- Gabor 81.721.17 Black Suede Open-Toe Strappy Bootie Sandal Shoe 9.5 New
- 100% AUTH NEW WOMEN LOUBOUTIN SO KATE 120 ORANGE PATENT PUMP/HEEL US 7.5
- Women's Spring step Intuitive 2.5 Leather shoes Brown/gra Size 37 (GKBx 9
- ADIDAS LEATHER SHERPA WINTER BOOTS SIZE US 5 VERY NICE RARE
- Womens Sequins Over Knee High Boots Pointy toe Stilettos Nightclub Stage shoes
- NIB Dromedaris 3" Heel Black Suede/Leather GISELLE Knee High Boots Size 41
- Women's Sperry Top Sider HOPE Espadrille Flat Sandals Red Breton Stripe Size 9.5
- AZUREE CANNES women shoes NETISH sandal Red silver strass mouth lipstick
- Mens Large Size Under Armour 1228990 Black Baseball Cleats 16 E..421B
- NIKE MATCH SUPREME LEATHER 631656 020 BLACK/BLACK-GUM MEN'S US SZ 9.5
- ADIDAS SAMOA MEN'S WHITE ORIGINAL CLASSICS SNEAKERS MULTIPLE SIZES NEW /BOX
- Nike Men Super.Fly 2017 Hornets Black/Turbo Green/Court Purple 921203-017 Sz 14
- Nike Dunk High VT Premium 472501-001 Medium Grey VacTech Shoes Size 10
- NEW Mens NIKE Lebron Zoom Soldier VII TB 599263 400 Royal Blue Sneakers Shoes
- Men’s Nike Air More Money “Black” Size-9.5 Black White (AJ2998 001)
- Man/Woman Asics Tartherzeal 5 [TJR288-3007] Running Orange/Yellow Best-selling worldwide Trendy leading the fashion
- Adidas WH NMD R2 sz 12 (White Mountaineering Hint Grey BB3118 not Bape SNS OG)
- undefeated adidas ultra boost 28.5cm from japan (5036
- Kenneth Cole New York Men's Mix-Er Oxford - Choose SZ/color
- Men's/Women's Tommy Hilfiger Mens Clapton- Pick SZ/Color. Various goods Used in durability a wide variety of goods
- HEY DUDE WALLY NUT SLIP ON SHOES 110061600 MENS US SIZES
- Joya Ortholite Mens Shoes Cruiser Brown Leather Casual Comfort Orthopedic Sz 11
- Roberto Serpentini 47701 Brown Leather Zip-Up Ankle Boots 41 / US 8
- Men's Foster Rainey brown dress shoes, made in Italy, size 11 M
- Nike Legend S/S Quilted White Leather Hi Top Tennis Athletic Women's Shoes 11 M
- New Balance Women's Vazee Transform Mesh Trainer Shoes Black with Pink
- Charles by Charles David Women's Vote Platform Wedge Sandal Black Elastic/Patent
- ASICS Women's 3000 5 Running Shoe, Rose/White/Purple, 7 D US
- adidas Performance Women's Barricade Court W Tennis Shoe - Choose SZ/Color
- Chaco Women's Z/Cloud 2 Sandal Trace Eclipse Polyester
- NIKE Womens Nike Free Rn Running Flyknit 2018 942839-003 DARK STUCCO Size 9.5
- women's round toe thicken mid calf boots furry winter snow boots shoes plus size
- Womens Ankle Boots Block Low Heel Square Toe Leather England Fashion Shoes Comfy
- $288 size 7.5 Splendid Kassie Black Leather Heel Knee High Boots Womens Shoe NEW
- Vince Camuto Ladies Leather Boots Size 7.5 M - NEW IN BOX
- Bed Stu Women's Manchester Sand Medium Glaze Boots Defect 6.5M
- Aquazzura So Me Bootie Nappa Leather, Ankle Boot
- Nike Zoom Strike Mens Running Trainers US 9.5 REF 3063
- GREEN DAY SHOES Heart Grenade Creeper Punk Rock Mens 11 NEW MERCHANDISE
- Ladies DB Boots The Style Sydney 2-W
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Women's Hawkins Block-Heel Booties Titanium Size 10 M
- Pleaser 8" Heel, 4" PF Stretch Knee Boot, Side Zip Women Boots Blk Str Pat/Blk
- Dr Martens Women's Vegan 2976 Cambridge Brush Chelsea Boot Cherry Red
- Gentleman/Lady Mimco Shoes Best-selling worldwide buy Global sales
- Man/Woman Sanita womens clogs size10 Crazy price Win the praise of customers professional design
- TOD'S - Woman's Blue Leather w/Gold Trim Moc Loafer Flats 36 US 6 (3707)
- ara Women's Bethany 33755 Ballet Flat Black Suede Comfort Shoes
- Tabitha Simmons Point Toe Flats NEW Women Size 9 Mary Jane Rose Gold Sandal Cute
- La Redoute Womens Floral Printed Shoes Black Size 35 (2.5 To 3)
- Badgley Mischka Petal White Satin Peep-toe Stiletto Size:8.5M RH13500/
- new Versani 922 navy leather open-toe slingback sandals Shoes made in Italy
- Men's/Women's ZUCCa Shoes 346420 Gold 24.5ｃｍ Various goods Modern design various kinds
- LifeStride Women's intellect Wedge - Choose SZ/Color
- Hades LEORA Black Viper Snakeskin Strappy Sandals 5" High Metallic Talon Heels
- CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN PIGALLE SPIKE PUMPS 120mm 41!
- Carlos by Carlos Santana Debbi Wedge Sandals, Olive, 9 US / 39 EU
- NIB Women's Nike 898479-003 Flex Trainer 7 Athletic Shoes
- Thierry Rabotin Betta Black Nappa/Python Comfort Sandal Women's Sizes 36-42/NEW!
- Men's Outdoor Hiking Shoes Thickening Trail Sport Cross-Country Climbing Walk
- New Nike Lunar Magista II FK Flyknit Anthracite Black 852614-001 Men's Size 10.5
- Adidas Gazelle Super Red Vintage White Mens Originals Retro Low-Top Trainers
- 315121-115 Nike Men Air Force 1 High '07 white
- Lacoste Giron 118 1 U CAM Men's Casual Sneakers Black 7-35CAM0131231 Size7-12 L
- NIKE AIR FORCE MAX OG BARKLEY AH5534-100 jordan foamposite penny 180 turf
- DC Shoes SPARTAN HIGH WC TX SE Mens Spartan High Skateboarding Shoe
- Adidas James Harden Vol 2 All Star 2018 Vision
- NIKE KOBE IX MID EXT QS BLACK-BLACK SZ 9 [704286-001]
- Cole Haan Men's Pinch Weekender Chukka Boot C20607 Black Suede Sz 9.5 M
- NWT JOIE TAN LEATHER MIDCALF STACK HEEL BOOT SIZE 38 355.00
- Mens Chef Kitchen Breathable Shoes Waterproof Oil Resistant Non-Slip Work Boots
- [807706-034] MEN'S AIR JORDAN ECLIPSE LEATHER BERLIN GREY GOLD ANTHRACITE 9.5
- John Varvatos Star USA Men's Black Slip On Shoes Sz 9M 6481
- Valentino Garavani Studded Nylon & Suede Camouflage Sneaker
- Mens stacy adams Stacy Adams Dwight Moc Toe Oxford Black Leather 25078-001
- NEW ASICS GEL LYTE III 3 SOLID RED METALLIC RUNNING SNEAKERS H6E5K SIZE 8.5
- Womens Skechers GO Run 400 Running Walking Sports Gym Fitness Trainers
- Super High Heels Height Increased Wedges Women Shoes
- NEW Puma Fierce Gold 189192-01 Womens Shoes Trainers Sneakers SALE
- 1806 Nike Air Bella TR Women's Training Running Shoes 924338-001
- Women's adidas Wmns NMD XR1 Primeknit Yeezy Pink /White DS SZ 5-9.5 BB3687 Boost
- 1801 adidas Pureboost X Women's Traning Running Shoes BY8926
- Womens Retro Leather Flowers Flats Soft Sole Ankle Boots Fashion Comfort Shoe Y3
- Nature Breeze rain forest black PVC knee high faux fur lined vegan boots
- Man's/Woman's ADRIENNE VITTADINI Women's Luretta Ankle Boot feature buy Fair price
- Carlos by Santana Women's Roslyn Slouch Boot
- LAUREN RALPH LAUREN MACELYN RIDING BOOT sz:7.5M Wide Calf
- NEW Stuart Weitzman Mane 6.5 8.5 Fringe Over the Knee Suede Boot
- New Versace Stivaletto T 110 Nappa Ricamo Barocco Booties Size EU40 US10
- Man/Woman Demonia RANGER-302 durability King of quantity Modern mode
- Puma Womens Basket Heart Leather WNs Low-Top Sneakers White-Rose Gold, 4
- NEW "Naturalizer" Bronwyn Wedge - Shoes - Pale Pink Leather - Size 7 -Comfort
- Gentleman/Lady Padders Ladies Wide Fitting Mules 'Clara' quality Known for its good quality classic style
- Man's/Woman's AVEC MODERATION Shoes 308274 Brown 37 Special price Online Pick up at the boutique
- Nike Ambassador XI 11 Lebron James LBJ Black Crimson Grey Men Shoes AO2920-001
- Nautilus Women's Steel Toe Slip Resistant SD Work Shoe N1781
- BORN Chyler Western Heel Black Leather Zip Buckle Boot Women 8.5 NEW $165
- Lot of 2 Justin Diamond J kiltie roper western boots Pearl White/Black sz 8 M
- Tory Burch Reva Women's Purple Suede Slip On Round Toe Ballet Flats Size 8.5 M
- Munro American Womens 8.5 N Brown Leather Loafer Low Heel New!
- Sexy Womens Stain Rhinestones Pointy Toes High Stilettos Heels Pumps Shoes Heels
- AUTHENTIC CELINE LEATHER PUMPS , SIZE 37
- MANOLO BLAHNIK Ladies Shoes Heels Slingbacks SZ 39 1/2 US SZ 9
- Cobb Hill Women's Marilyn Dress Pump - Choose SZ/Color
- Jimmy Choo Women's Shoes Sandals Black Gold 38 US 8 High Heels Strappy Snakeskin
- New Manolo Blahnik Carolyne Crystal-Embellished Satin Slingback Sandals 37.5 7.5
- Summer Womens Strappy Sandals Real Leather Low Heel Beach Casual Fashion Shoes
- Gelati by Argila - Pepe Monjo 40.5 10.5 Brown Leather Buckle Shoes Sandals
- Burberry shoes flip flops flat espadrilles hodgeson housecheck pink plaid 6 9
- new balance 520 Jogging Shoe NAVY SUEDE NYLON GUM UNISEX MENS US SIZES U520AK
- Adidas Original Superstar (AQ8333) Athletic Sneakers Shoes White
- Vans X Peanuts SK8 Hi Reissue Snoopy Bones Black Men's Size 13
- NEW NIKE JORDAN FLIGHT FLEX TRAINER Legend Blue MENS retro NIB Limited
- Men's Nike Air Force 1 Mid '07 Black/Black Sizes 8-12 New In Box 315123-001
- DS MENS NIKE AIR FORCE 1 PREMIUM 07 JAPAN SAMURI 315180 331 SZ 10.5 WATERWAY Air
- VANS GALNSKY SIGNATURE VINTAGE TENNIS SKATE MEN SHOES WHITE 5894997 SIZE 11.5
- NIKE AIR PRESTO 848132-611 NEW RARITY sneaker premium thea one 2016 2015 90 95
- Air Jordan 11 Retro 72-10 Bred win like 82 96 Size 12 378037-002
- Kenneth Cole New York Mens Time Zone Ankle Loafer Boots, Black, US 9
- 563 New BLACK JACK (Hand Made)Tan Buffalo Shoulder Cowboy Boots Mens 9 C $400
- New Lucchese M4345 MALCOLM Black Giant Alligator Cowboy Boot
- Vlado Footwear Men's Milo High Top Sneakers
- Mens Fashion club pointy Toe ankle short Leather Boots low heel shoes hot sale S
- UltraRare&Great Balmain SS14 Navy Blue Quilted Leather High-Top-Trainers Sz 41
- Mens Slip On Pointy Toe British Business Dress Shoes Dress Buckle High Heel
- Skechers Sport Womens Galaxies Fashion Sneaker- Select SZ/Color.
- Custom Fashion And Comfortable Women Boots Oil Painting Dog Martin Boots
- Women Black Dance Stage Thigh High Stretch 6" Boots w/Red Lips Kitty Paws Shoes
- Man's/Woman's HTC Boots New varieties are launched buy List of explosions
- Anyi Lu Viktoria Leather Boots Black Women Sz 37
- NIB AUTH VALENTINO GARAVANI Rockstud Black Calfskin Leather Boots Shoes Heels 36
- Clarsk Originals DESERT RAINDROP BLACK SUEDE 89.99
- ASICS GEL WOMENS NIMBUS 20 AZURE WHITE SHOES **FREE POST AUSTRALIA
- NEW Women's Asics GT-1000 6 Size 8.5 MidGrey/Carbon/FlashCoral MSRP $132
- NIKE SPRINT SISTER II MTR LOW SNEAKERS WOMEN SHOES 314226-141 SIZE 9.5 NEW
- NIKE Women's AIR FORCE UPSTEP WARRIOR Size 5 (873308-103) WHITE/BLACK/TURQUOISE
- New adidas Authentic PUREBOOST GO Core Black Grey FiveGrey B75665 BLK Women size
- ara Women's Avril 32704 Skimmer
- Carlos by Santana Women's Abbey Ankle Boot - Choose SZ/Color
- FORNARINA boots smog cuir NEUVES Tal 8cm Val 189E pointures 37,38,39.
- Man/Woman Woman Sporto™ Dede the most convenient Modern and stylish fashion Very good classification
- Super Women High Heel Sexy Heelless Lockable Wedge Plus size Ballet Boots Black
- Cushe Women's Allpine Fir Waterproof Boot, Dark Brown, 36 BR/5 M US
- Gentleman/Lady Tory burch Leather Boots Size 8 Excellent craft Elegant and sturdy packaging Comfortable and natural
- Man/Woman Ballerina Repetto Cendrillon Various styles Moderate cost classic style
- Reef Women's Sunfolk Moc Moccasin - Choose SZ/Color
- WOMENS HUSH PUPPIES ODETTE RDC CASUAL/DRESS/WORK LEATHER BLACK FLATS SHOES
- Nine West Speakup Pointed Toe Ballet Flats, Pink, 7.5 US
- Cole Haan W05428 Womens 2.0 Studiogrand Weave Trainer Fashion Sneaker
- NIB $895+ Christian Louboutin Black Octavian Spike Patent Loafers Flats 36.5 - 6
- Pleaser SKY-308UV Women's Clear Neon White High Heel Platform Ankle Strap Sandal
- NIB EDMUNDO CASTILLO Metal Kid Brass Platform High Heel Shoes Sz 9 60144RM
- Pleaser FLAMINGO-808LG Sexy Clear Blue Holographic Glitter Platform Sandals Heel
- Stuart Weitzman Bridal Evening Annamimic Silver Noir Heels 7 Wide $398
- ESCARPIN VIVIENE WESTWOOD NEUF 38 CUIR PYTHON 38 / 39 MARRON SPARTIADE NEW
- Gibellieri 3375a Hot Orange Suede Geometric Heel Pointy Pumps 38.5 / US 8.5
- Cole Haan GINGER Air Braided Black Patent Leather Slingback Wedges Dillards 9.5
- Nike Wmns Air Max Zero SI Oatmeal/Binary Blue-White 881173-101 Size 6
- See By Chloe SB28145 Womens Clara City Dress Sandal /- Choose SZ/Color.
- Puma Suede Classic+Rebel Mix Black Red Men Sz 9,10
- NEW Nike Huarache 2KFilth Elite Low Metal Baseball Cleats Black Orange Size 10.5
- Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 Men's Cross Training Shoe 719922 084 Size 7.5
- NEW ADIDAS ORIGINALS DRAGON MEN'S TRANINER BB1270 WHITE
- Brand New Woman's Nike Magista Orden II FG Aqua Size 8 Soccer Cleat Women's
- Nike Air Max 1 FB QS Hypervenom Black Bright Crimson 744491-001 8.5-11.5 premium
- Adidas Ultraboost 4.0 White Running Shoe Mens BB6168 New Size 11
- nike flyknit racer unisex running trainers 526628 009 sneakers shoes
- Nike Air Vapormax 95 Neon Mens AJ7292-001 Black Volt Ash Running Shoes Size 7
- Nike Air Jordan CP3.VII 7 VI 6 Retro BRAZIL WORLD CUP PACK BLACK GREEN GREY 8
- Thorogood 10.5 M 834-6219+ Deuce Z-Trac 8” Side Zip Tactical Jump Boots new
- RARE** JAMES LEDDY Smooth Ostrich Custom Boots Size 10.5 D Men Exotic Cowboy
- Sperry Intrepid Boat Shoes-Men's sz 9 M Tan
- Men's Allen Edmonds Turner Penny Driving Moc Loafer Whiskey Brown Sz 8.5 70451
- Paul Smith Seymour Captoe Black Leather Shoes Size 11
- Men Synthetic Pointy Toe Rivet British Metal Trim Snakeskin Clubwear Dress Shoes
- NEW Y-3 YOHJI YAMAMOTO ADIDAS FIELD RED & WHITE SUEDE LEATHER TRAINERS 6EU
- Adidas Women's Adipure Trainers 360 20512 20514 20519 Running Gym Training Shoes
- Gentleman/Lady Yorkshire Print Boots For Women-Express Shipping Practical and economical Modern and stylish fashion Preferential price
- CLARKS Women's Channing Enna Slip-On Loafer - Choose SZ/color
- Women's Shoes Over Knee High Boots Pointed Toe Stiletto Heel Nightclub Sexy New
- Vicini Leather Women Boots, Black with white natural fur, Size 5. New w box
- Givenchy Black Leather Shark Lock Open Toe Bootie Size 36 US 6 $995
- Man/Woman Amblers FS84 Unisex Safety Boots (FS2477) Fashion pattern a good reputation in the world Various
- Gant Womens Zoe Trainers, Pink Silver Pink G584, 3.5 UK
- Justin Reece England Adison Womens Black Patent Leather Matt Shoes UK Size 3 -8
- Women ballerina suede model KATHLEEN Aus 2 to 10.5
- Arnaldo Toscani 1108905 Women's Slip On Leather Ballet Flats Ballerinas Brown
- adidas Adizero Adios 3 M III Legend Ink White Men Running Shoes Sneakers AQ0191
- Nike Zoom Vomero 9 Running Women's Shoes
- Brand New Women's Classic Traditionnels Athletic Fashion Sneakers [WL696BH]
- Nike Flyknit Racer Citrus Blue Lagoon Black SZ 7 / Womens 8.5 (526628-800)
- Steve Madden EIRIS Womens Eiris Fashion Sneaker- Choose SZ/Color.
- Jeffrey Campbell Orlando Faux Pearl Black Leather Women's Ankle Boots US 5
- Womens Steven By Steve Madden Black Leather Tall Riding Fashion Boots Sz 8.5
- BORN Size 10 Brown Shearling Fur Cuff Leather Boots 42
- PLEASER Delight-600-50 6" Heel Sexy Exotic Gladiator Sandal
- New Womens Suede Leather Over the Knee Boots Hidden Wedge Tassel Shoes Side zip
- Georgia Women's Boot Reflx Athletic Work Shoes Alloy Toe Black 9 W
- Tommy Hilfiger Women's Zain Moccasin - Choose SZ/Color
- Men/Women Bruno Magli Wingtip Pumps Best-selling worldwide Highly praised and appreciated by the consumer audience Popular tide shoes
- Pre-Owned NINE WEST Gushing Black Suede 9M
- Nine West Women's Black Phaidra Suede Leather Clogs Heels SIZES! NIB NEW
- Trotters Women's Lola Pump Navy Suede 8.0 2W US
- X Women Mink Fur Furry Slingback Loafer High Heel Sandal Party Casual Pumps Shoe
- Pleaser 7 inch pink rhinestone slip on stripper shoes
- Christian Louboutin Geotistrap 100 Gold Spikes Black Suede Pumps Euro 39
- Womens Elegant Prom Super Stilettos Heels Rhinestones Platform Shinning Sandals
- Marc Fisher Finlie Tie Up Flat Sandals 680, Medium Pink Suede, 8.5 US
- LOEFFLER RANDALL Womens Flat Sandal- Pick SZ/Color.
- Nike Mens Metccon Repper DSX Training Running Shoes Platinum Volt Size 11 New
- Air Tech Challenge II White & Photo Blue Size 10
- Men's Under Armour Highlight MC Lacrosse Cleat - Black/Sliver - NIB!
- ASICS Men's Split Second 9 Wrestling Shoe
- Nike KD VII All Star 742548-090 Pure Platinum/Multi-Color/Black 14 D BRAND NEW
- Nike Mens ID Paul George PG 1 Black Maroon Blue AQ2790-992 Basketball Shoes Sz 9
- Nike Mens Lunarglide 9 Grey Size 11 US Athletic Shoes Running Sneakers
- Nike Air Zoom Mariah Flyknit Racer Orange Men Running shoe 918264-800 SIZE 10
- Paul Green Karla Buckle Strap Ankle Boots, Black Combo, 7 US Used
- Nike Air Jordan 15 XV Retro CDP Countdown Pack Black Red (317111-062) Size 14
- GBX Mens Dekalb 57658 Leather Suede Rear YKK Zippered Casual Boot Size 11
- MEN'S ARIAT COWHAND SQUARE TOE BOOT STYLE 10017381 NEW IN BOX
- Bally Made in Italy Black Leather Slip On Loafer Finno 6.5US 5.5EU
- Giorgio Brutini Men's Taylor Driving Style Loafer tan 9 Medium US
- A Bathing Ape Bape Men's Size 6 Beige Manhunt Shoes Boots Shark Wallabee Leather
- Men's Allen Edmond Lloyd Black Wing Tip Dress Shoes Sz 9 EEE Very Good Condition
- Mens Velvet Embroider Spike Rivet Loafer Slip On Dress Causal Club Boat Shoes
- Size 8 Islamic Arabian Leather Najdi Mens Sandals - Black and Silver Free Ship
- K-Swiss Women's Tubes Infinity CMF Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Altra Paradigm 3.0 Running Shoes-Women's size 8 Purple
- Nike Lunartempo 2 Bright Crimpson/White-Black-Bright Mango Running 818098600 8.5
- The North Face Women's Storm III Hiking Shoes
- New Balance SP4040W1 Womens - Choose SZ/Color.
- Nike WOMEN'S AJ1 Rebel XX Off White SIZE 12, FITS MEN'S 10.5 NEW CUSTOMIZABLE
- Bottines Boots Talons Compensés GRIGIARANCIO Italy Cuir Noir T 40 TBE
- Chooka Women's Versa Shea Rain Boot
- Ladies Women Velvet Square Toe Ankle Riding Boots Med Block Pearls Heels Shoes
- Fashion Womens Leather Spike Decor Round Toe Knee High Boots Casual Shoes Black
- Women's Umberto Raffini Black Leather Knee High Riding Boots Size 38
- VOLATILE ROSEWELL KHAKI NEW TO THE MARKET 100% AUTHENTIC
- Ariat Women's Darlin Work Boot Old Black 8 M US
- Converse Men's CT All Star Hi Leather Trainers, Red
- Grinders Luisiana, Mens Cowboy Boots, Brown Brown, 8 EU
- Man/Woman Ever Evelyn Grey 39 Moderate price New products in 2018 Suitable for color
- Via Nova Weslee Silver Crackle Leather Slip on flat Shoe Size 40
- Romika Shoes Germany - Comfort footbed twin buckle slides
- Womens Over The Knee High Boots Rhinestone Flipflop Buckle England SummerLeather
- 100%Handmade Women Med-calf Snow Boot Rhinestone LAMB Lined Real Suede Shoes NEW
- Dansko Women's Professional Linen Patent Nursing Clogs US Sizes 36-42
- Nina Ricci Womens Flats Size 37.5 7.5 Pink Patent Leather Laser Cut Floral
- Women's size 5.5 platform Jeffery Campbell shoe with cute pattern
- Mr/Ms DELIGHT-662 Complete specification range Pleasant appearance buy online
- Sexy Womens Heart Super High Heels Pumps Pointed Toe Stiletto Shoes 12 cm
- Gianvito Rossi Black Suede Open Toe Wedge Size 38.5
- Gentlemen/Ladies Sandal Cage Leather Black - Schutz Crazy price, Birmingham At a lower price Exquisite (processing) processing
- New arrival style red suede leather long boots peep toe cross strap thigh high b
- Christian Dior Pink Snakeskin Platform Peep Toe High Heel Pumps SZ 37
- ~ Dansko ~ woman SANDALS SLINGBACK BROWN leather / US 8.5 EUC
- New Summer Womens Strappy Korea Buckle Fashion Sandals Casual Real Leather Shoes
- New Balance Women's 697v1 Sneaker - Choose SZ/Color
- Saucony ProGrid Omni 9 Sneakers Running Shoes Mens 9 42.5 Wht Blk Burgundy 83-7
I felt the need because in part I travel quite a bit and in traveling, I get an opportunity to meet different leaders and different pastors and I’m finding that although many have great educational backgrounds and have had great experiences in their local churches, the systems, people and culture changes so quickly that they’re not able to adapt to those changes fast enough. And so I wrote ‘4 D’ to say, ‘Hey, there are four critical areas in every church, wherever you happen to be, if you could focus on these areas, you could have a healthy, more vital, growing church.’ And those areas of course from the book are technology, worship, systems and hospitality, which on the surface sounds very easy, low-hanging fruit. But as you dig through that and apply it to your local church, it becomes some of the hardest but most rewarding work that you will ever do.
2. You recently hosted an online conference regarding the principles you shared in “4D Impact.” How did you teach the principles you learned in the one-hour conference?
It wasn’t designed to teach all of the principles in one hour. It was an introductory course. It was an introduction for people who may be skeptical, people who have heard these things before and they’re not quite sure and people who are totally sold out and they really want to tell their leaders, ‘Here is what I’ve been talking about. Here is someone else saying it.’
3. In this book, you share stories of success and failure from Impact Church’s ongoing journey. Tell me about one success and one failure and what you learned?
One story of success is beginning around literal coffee tables in Starbucks with a group of volunteers who are still so passionate about the vision we’re casting that 12 years later, Impact is what it is. So although now we have staff and our budget is larger, we historically have always and will always be dependent on volunteers. So as it relates to volunteerism, that is one of our successes.
One failure story which was really a learning opportunity is around what it means to literally disciple people to the next level. When you think about churches, most churches do discipleship or should do discipleship, meaning, ‘Hey, I want to be a Christian. I accept Christ and 10 years later, I shouldn’t be in the same place.’ So I don’t call it a failure but an opportunity. It is typical of new churches, meaning we start like gangbusters and then one day, you wake up and you realize, ‘Oh my God, we have to take these people somewhere.’ So that is a constant question for us, ‘How do we take people to a place of Christian maturity while knowing that as a 12-year-old, preteen church, we can’t take people all of the way. But what is that part of the way that God is calling us to? So that’s been an opportunity for us to learn. We don’t always get it right but one day, we hope to say, ‘If you hang out at Impact, this is what you will look like as a Christian.’
How did you galvanize those volunteers?
I was blessed to work at a large church for about five and a half years before we started Impact. While I was there, I built some great relationships and I also built some great relationships in the marketplace who I was able to pull in. And it wasn’t just me. The volunteers invited people so we all pulled in folk. So it was relationships.
What do you mean by “you can’t take people all of the way?”
If you think about a discipleship model in the alphabet, beginning with A and going all the way to Z, some churches will say, we can take you all the way to Z, but that’s really not true. You have to think of a church like a supermarket or another store. Target is great, but they’re not going to sell everything. Wal-Mart is great, but they’re not going to sell everything. And so typically a shopper has to piecemeal their shopping list along the lines of two or three locations. And that’s the reality of where spirituality is in the 21st century. No one church can do everything for one person or should we. But we should be able to know what we do very well.
So when we talk about a discipleship model, that may mean you meet Impact as a seeker, trying to understand who Jesus Christ is and then when you leave Impact, whenever that is, maybe you will have taken a Bible Study or been part of a small group that helps you understand the Bible, that helps you understand prayer, that helps you understand other spiritual disciplines. And then you can go on to another church and go deeper in another spiritual dynamic or in another area and while you’re with them, you’re learning even more than what you learned than when you were with us. But we were a part of that foundational story that helped you get to the next level of your spiritual growth.
So you don’t think a church should try to keep members for their lifetimes?
It depends on the life and stage of the church and the life and stage of the member. For instance, a month ago, I was at a church and they were celebrating their 154th church anniversary. There are some members who have been members of that church for all of their lives and that works for them. But I think the way that culture is shifting because of jobs, because of geography, because folks today don’t mind living in a city two or three years, it’s going to be virtually impossible for healthy, thriving growing churches to say we have lifetime members. We have lifetime support. We have lifetime encouragement. And we have lifetime shared stories but for you to be here your entire life is unlikely and typically if you’re a young adult.
4. Some people are skeptical of megachurches. I’m not sure if Impact is considered a megachurch but it is a large church. For example, my husband was just saying to me that he wonders how some churches grow to megachurch size without some shenanigans being involved or the message of the gospel being compromised somehow. As a church growth expert, do you feel that every church should have thousands of members in order to be healthy?
I don’t. The numerical size does not determine health or vitality of a local church. What most people don’t know is in America, the average size church is 75 people so when you see these large churches and megachurches or gigachurches, those are a minority. They are not the norm. It’s like what you see in the United States of America. It’s mostly made up of these small towns. You’ve got these huge cities like Atlanta but if you travel outside of Atlanta, a lot of America is rural, grassroots people who grow crops, who have industries that literally service the world. And it’s the same thing with the local church. I believe my expertise comes in by saying, ‘I don’t necessarily want you to grow larger for the sake of; I want you to be as healthy as you can be and as vital as you can be. And if you do that, you will reach the world for Jesus Christ.’
But to your husband’s point, I do believe some churches can grow that large without any abnormalities, without anything happening that can be indifferent or bad because there are just some churches and yeah, it’s spiritual and it’s favor, but God’s favor is on every church. Some people think this church is big because God’s favor is on it. No God’s favor is just as present in that church with 80 people but there are just some things that work for that church. It may be a strong lay leader. It may be a strong Sunday School system. It may be a strong small group system.
Or they are just are in the right geography. Sometimes when you watch football, you will see these small towns that have college teams. For instance, you take the University of Georgia. I’m here right now in Michigan and I just passed Notre Dame. Now Notre Dame is a small city, but it has a huge school. And I think sometimes these schools are located in places where there isn’t a pro team presence so that the college team is the pro team and there is a lot invested in that. You can just be in the right community and you’re the only show in town. So by nature of being the only show in town, you’re going to be bigger if you’re healthy.
5. To assess the “health” of a church, you assess culture, hospitality, worship, and technology. Tell me more about this assessment process and the diagnostic tools in the book.
The first thing I do is to come in and get to know the church’s story and that means getting to know their history and their present and then from that you will begin to hear the culture of the church because every church has a culture. Culture may mean very strong pastoral leadership. Culture may mean very strong lay leadership. Culture may mean this is an outreach and missions church. You get to know their stories and their culture.
And then you observe their worship because people can tell you about their worship but you actually have to sit in on their worship. A couple of weeks ago, I was in Florida, sitting in on Sunday morning, on a worship experience at a church. After that, I was able to give some written feedback and oral feedback to the leader of that church or the pastor who will soon be the leader so that he and the other leaders can take that and work through each of those details related to worship and make that more vital.
Technology is more of an Excel spreadsheet where you’re taking inventory of current technology, outdated technology. You’re breaking that into software because a lot of people don’t think about that. And you also break that into hardware. And from that you can address budget decisions and directional path decisions about what we want to look like as a church in technology.
Systems can be broad but one of the things I tell people about systems is that there are open systems and closed systems. And you think about language for instance. Whenever someone stands and gives an announcement and says, ‘Hey, thank you for being a part of church family. We’re glad you’re here.’ Words like that are closed system words meaning when you say family, that means we have everybody we need and we don’t necessarily need new people. So your language is a system and people don’t think about that. So myself and my team leaders will come in as outsiders with neutral opinions, wanting to help and not harm you because we all want to reach people for Jesus Christ.
6. What inspired you to write “Leadership Directions from Moses?” which is described a handy tool for those dealing with the departure of key members from the church.
It doesn’t matter the age or stage of a church, people leave from day 1. The very first Sunday service that we had Impact, some people left afterward. People come with preconceived expectations. And we started in a middle school. And there weren’t any crosses up. There were no stained glass windows. Some people said, ‘This is great for y’all but it’s not for me.’ So people are always leaving and people are always coming.
But I wrote this book for leaders like me who struggle with sharing vision, struggle with delegation and also who struggle with understanding that the same way God speaks to me, God also speaks to other people. So when we read Moses’ story that then leads into Joshua, we always assume at all 12 tribes made it into the Promised Land. But if you read Numbers 32, the Reubenites and the Gadites come to Moses when they are in a geographic area called the Transjordan, they say, ‘Hey Moses, we like where we are.’ Moses makes a compromise and says, ‘Okay, if you help us go fight for the land, then you and your families can come back here.’ So time moves on. Moses dies. Joshua is the new leader. Joshua divides out the land and that’s when Joshua tells those two tribes, you can now return to that place.
What typically happens with leaders is that we demonize people for having a different vision or a different path, and we then only focus on those people who don’t want to go where you feel God has called you to go and those are two fatal mistakes in leadership. Because one, we don’t honor other people’s vision and how they hear God and two, we take our eyes off of the majority of people who still want to move forward and we put all of our emphasis on the minority group of people who don’t necessarily want to move forward. So it works through three critical conversations: self-conversation around self-awareness and self-differentiation, conversation with others around casting vision and helping them understand what God is sharing in your heart, and finally those difficult conversations that we have with God when you’re down and out. Ultimately, we all have a promise and we can get there but we only get there through these difficult conversations.
7. Is there anything else you would like to add?
First of all, thank you for this interview. I do share with groups as I travel and at home, that in spite of all the difficulties with leaders in general, but specifically with leaders of local churches, both clergy and lay people, are facing, this is the greatest evangelistic opportunity of our lifetime. I know we’re seeing a decline in church attendance and more and more people are opting out of religion in general, but I still believe this a great opportunity if we’re willing to reach people in a 21st century way with the same theology we’ve always had but we have to be willing to retool, we have to be willing to reshape and we have to be willing to reach culture where they are and not expect them to walk through our doors and just show up.
For more information about Corral C3179 Brown Braided & Studs Bootsand Kurt Geiger London Bakerloo Nubuck Leather Ankle Boot Size 7 and Pastor Olu Brown, go to @pastorolubrown on $1145 EUC TOD'S WOMEN 40 US 10 BROWN LEATHER TALL RIDING EQUESTRIAN BOOTS A9 and his website olubrown.org.